Arizona State Security Unarmed Guard Training Class
Our company instructor and curriculum is approved and has been audited by Arizona Department of public safety to ensure that your training is recognized by the state and meets all criteria for licensing. We offer an interactive college style class NOT a boring video. This is done in a professional office setting you will learn everything you will need to know to work in the AZ security industry from an approved DPS instructor.
Class prices are $150 for the 8 hour course. You can pay with cash, money order or debit. The cost includes: $72.00 DPS fee, finger prints and the instructor. Before starting your class you will need to pay a $50 minimum class fee to reserve a spot.
This class is necessary to obtain your Arizona Guard Card. Seats are limited so reserve yours NOW.
TO TAKE THE CLASS YOU MUST BE:
At least 18 years old, US Citizen or Legal Resident, and have a CLEAN criminal record!!
Disqualifiers-All Registration Certificate and Agency License Types
Once you have applied for a registration certificate or agency license, the fee is not refundable. It is important, therefore, that the following disqualifiers do not apply to you.
These disqualifiers apply to:
Armed Security Guard
Agency Qualifying Party
Agency Resident Manager
- Agency Associate
- If you are under 18 years of age and are applying to be a security guard, private investigator, or private investigator associate.
- If you are under 21 years of age and are applying to be a qualifying party, resident manager, or an associate for a security guard agency.
- If you are not a citizen or legal resident who is authorized to seek employment in the United States.
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated and your Civil Rights were restored.
- If you are currently under indictment for a felony
- if within the last 5 years preceding your application, you have been convicted of any misdemeanors, whether or not your conviction was subsequently Set Aside or Vacated, that involves:
- Personal violence
- Misconduct involving a deadly weapon as provided in Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) §13-3102
- Dishonesty or fraud
- Domestic violence
- Narcotics (ARS §13, Chapter 34, or similar)
- Sexual misconduct
- Personal violence
- If you are on parole, community supervision or work furlough, on home arrest, on release on any other basis.
- If you are named in an outstanding arrest warrant
- If you are on probation pursuant to a conviction for any act of personal violence or domestic violence as in ARS §13-3601 or similar.
- If you have been adjudicated mentally incompetent or found to constitute a danger to self or others, ARS §36-540.
- If you have a disability, which renders you incapable of performing essential functions of the job even with reasonable accommodation from the employer, ARS §41-1461.
- If you have been convicted of acting or attempting to act as a security guard or private investigator without a license if a license was required.
The day of training you will need to bring:
- A lunch
- A note book
- 2 passport size photos (Any Walgreens or CVS pharmacy)
- The balance due for the cost of the class
- Picture ID/ Drivers license